Given the many unknowns surrounding COVID-19, we are committed to doing all that we can to increase safety for our patients and our team. We at Anna V O'Keefe DMD PA are stringently adhering to CDC and OSHA guidelines to reduce risk for our team and for our patients.
We are all weighing the risks and benefits of leaving our homes to do necessary tasks. This is a personal decision and should also be an informed one. Please also explore the tab on our website under COVID-19 info titled "FAQs" for further general questions.
Our office protocol
In order to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC and recommended by the ADA, for the foreseeable future we will be following the protocol below for all of our appointments
- Patients should complete our screening form on this website (please find that here) prior to their appointment. If a patient does not complete this online, our office will be calling and completing the questionnaire over the phone prior to the appointment time. If we have not been able to complete this prior to your appointment, we will need to reschedule your visit. This is to best ensure your safety and that of your fellow patients and our team.
- Please DO NOT enter the office in order to check in. Each patient will receive a reminder text the morning of the appointment. When arriving at the office, please wait in the car and text a reply to the reminder text that you are ready and waiting in the parking lot. When we are ready for you to enter the office, we will text you “We are now ready to seat you for your appointment. Please wear a mask and proceed to our waiting room where we will complete another screening for your appointment.” If texting is not an option, please call (207) 872-8911 and we will welcome you into our office when we are ready to do so.
- Once we have asked you to present to our waiting room, the screening questions will be repeated and your temperature will be taken in order to ensure nothing has changed since the first screening was performed.
- Please do not bring any companions to the appointment unless that person is needed due to mobility, memory, or communication issues or because the patient is a minor. We ask that no one stay in the waiting room for any reason beyond the time it takes to complete your screening.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at check-in as well as in the treatment room. If you would like to wash your hands when entering the treatment room, we encourage that as well.
- We have financial tools in place to enable our patients to pay at the time of the appointment without touching money or exchanging checks or cards
- We ask that you please report any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within the next 14 days to our office immediately.
Although these procedures may seem strange, it is all being done out of an abundance of concern for your health, as well as that of the other patients being seen in the office, the doctors and the team, and any public with whom they might come in contact. We are grateful for your understanding and respect for everyone's health.